• Westciv

Westciv develops Style Master, the Mac and Windows CSS Editor that takes the head aches out of working with CSS.

Fireplay

Fireplay

Fireplay is sort of a corporate style template with the option for
comments. It’s not really a blog but could be used as one. The
default style is dark gray but there is a style switcher to allow for
the lighter version as well. In the zip I’ve also included a PSD in
case you’d like to change the logo or create a new color scheme!

Version 1.1: Increased contrast for “Dark” template.

1. Neil A

Jul 10, 03:28 PM

Very slick Natalie!
    I love the dark colour scheme – even though I struggle to read it on my system.
    Thanks for including the PSD for us to play with too.

2. Mourner

Jul 10, 05:33 PM

The CSS doesn’t load in demo for some reason. :( I’d love to see your work in action, Natalie.

3. mourner

Jul 10, 09:21 PM

Managed to see the template by clicking on the bottom style switcher links… Love it! Tremendous work, Natalie! Particularly the light theme (Dark one looks great too but I can barely see some of the text – contrast is too low for my eyes unfortunately).

4. Zoltán

Wow! This is a wonderful template. I have the same “complaint” about the dark style: it is very hard to read the text. However, nothing surpasses the light style! Congratulations!

5. Natalie

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I’m working on the initial missing style issue and the contrast thing must be something on my end. Maybe I have the contrast on my monitors higher to begin with. I’ll try to fix that too.

6. Peter

Nice one, Natalie. Very clean and tidy.

7. Natalie

I fixed the initial missing stylesheet issue and increased the contrast a bit. The new version should be available soon. Thanks so much for the feedback!

8. Tracy

What an absolutely gorgeous theme! It’s just what I’ve been looking for. Clean, crisp, and non-bloggish (is that a word)? =) I think both colour schemes are wonderful, and I thank you for making this available to the txp community!

One question. It looks as though your sticky articles always show up on the about page, is that supposed to be so? And is there possibly a way to tell it not to show them?

9. Birgit

plain and nice, I like it!

10. Natalie

@Tracy, thanks! The sticky articles are in the about section but you could make them any section you want. The idea was for a business who wanted to have a “sticky” piece of content, like a promo or something that would appear at the top of every page. You could set up a separate section and exclude that section from the nav. That way your sticky content wouldn’t be duplicated. Is that what you’re going for?

11. Tracy

Jul 12, 01:25 PM

Natalie,

Thank you for the reply! That’s exactly what I was looking for. Again, my thanks for the theme. A wonderful design can truly inspire someone to be creative in turn, and you have certainly inspired me.

12. Eddie

I’m having trouble installing this theme … when I try to add the style, I get an error that reads:

The precondition on the request for the URL /myinstall/textpattern/index.php evaluated to false.

Any ideas of what I may be doing wrong?

13. Mary

Jul 17, 01:46 PM

In the instructions you say to upload “fire” to “images” and then you reference all your images in the dark/“default” stylesheet as if they were uploaded via the images interface.

14. Anton

Nice theme, and I have it almost fully deployed. But my dark theme isn’t finding the images (similar to Mary’s question maybe) and the style switcher default changed to ‘light’ isn’t working either.

15. Adrian

Am I missing something? All of the files are RTF files instead of TXT files. ???

16. Adrian

nevermind – i figured it out. :)

17. Chris

Aug 21, 08:40 AM

Only thing I would change is to lighten up the date field on the blog posting date. Other than that, Love it!

18. Cytizen

Sep 5, 10:21 PM

Very nice template. Just one thing, the dark template style sheet refers to the images root folder and to numbered image files. Instead it should lead to the path images/fire/dark/header_bottom.png, for example.

That will then allow all images to be displayed properly in dark mode.