• Iconfactory
    The Iconfactory

The Iconfactory makes Frenzic, a fast-paced, addictive game that makes Tetris look like child’s play

Textplates '07 Extended

The competition ended yesterday evening with only 11 templates (a couple of them are awaiting their demo site creation). The flood of last-minute submissions I was expecting never came and I was left futilely refreshing my email deep into the night.

I would like to at least be able to give away all of the prizes, so I’m extending the deadline an extra two weeks until 11:59PM EST on Wednesday, July 11th. For those who have already submitted your templates, thank you for your contributions (and punctuality). You may submit revisions or updates until the new deadline or why not get started on a second submission?

Please help spread the word: post about it on your blog, tell a friend, whatever you can do. If you’re unfamiliar with the CMS, feel free to contact me for some tips or check out some of these helpful articles.

1. shaz

Jun 28, 04:47 AM

cool. I actually only learnt about the contest last night at about 11pm EST and thought of doing something in an hour to submit, but then I saw that there was a lot of documentation required. I am excited that it’s extended! you’ll have at least 1 new entry! :)

2. Dan Brendstrup

Jun 28, 05:11 AM

Hmm, that is bittersweet news, I’d say.

I’m sorry to hear that so few templates have been submitted this year (so far). Both the competition and Textpattern are awesome and deserve more attention for sure!

But the silver lining is that people like shaz and I (and hopefully many others!) get a second chance :) I have my theme all planned out in my head, but have never coded a whole theme before so it was (or felt like) too big a project to start during my exam weeks. But I’m on summer break now, so I promise to buckle down and try to get something submittable whipped up before the 11th! :)

Let’s get this party started!

3. Steven Teskey

Jun 28, 02:19 PM

I was busy, but now I’ve got some time to help out. I’ll do my part for the benefit of the event.

Sorry for the tardiness…

4. Zeus

I’m in interested in participating, though I’m not the best coder. Would anyone be interested in helping out if I presented some designs? Email me..

Cheers.

Zeus:

Try teaming up with someone from the Textpattern Forum or the Textplates Forum

6. waatti

I just found out about this contest yesterday, so it’s totally out of reach for me. Shame, because I would have loved to participate. I guess I’ll have to wait until next year. :)

Anyway, good luck to everyone participating! It’s fun to see what you come up with.