• Iconfactory
    The Iconfactory

The Iconfactory makes Frenzic, a fast-paced, addictive game that makes Tetris look like child’s play

LightPattern

LightPattern

LightPattern is a minimalist template by Zoltán Dragon featuring a flickr stream and linkblog.

1. JM

Jun 26, 06:04 PM

Nice, clean theme. Arial with 1px letter-spacing is a little hard to read though. BTW specify ‘Helvetica Neue’ before Arial for Mac users ;).

2. Zoltán

Jun 26, 08:36 PM

Thank you for calling my attention to it :) I “em-ified” letter spacing and added the Mac treat. I am grateful for your comment :)

3. Peter

Jun 27, 06:28 AM

Very nice! Great idea having the sliding part so there’s no appearance of clutter. Not sure if anybody would ever find it though if it wasn’t mentioned to them! Good to see it works so well, though, because I’ve seen much ‘fancy stuff’ break lately, but it looks like you got it right :-)

4. Simon Bowel

Jun 28, 04:00 AM

Let me get this right. You are feeding in images and words from other web sites and putting them on your web site? Why, that’s plain and simple theft! Definitely a NO from me.

5. Zoltán

Jun 28, 04:42 AM

Let me get this right. Are you familiar with the particular licenses these images are published? Not really, it seems… And you are advised to use your own flickr images – stealing from yourself? Hm. As for the words: your own words, as you publish your links and descriptions: theft again? Strange… And of course, you are free to say no to the template, fair enough.

Jun 28, 06:24 AM

Totally never saw the slider until Peter’s comment. I like it!

7. Peter

Jun 28, 07:08 AM

Perhaps they’ve never shown the X-Factor where you live, Zoltan. If you follow Simon’s link and read the paragraph, I think you’ll see it differently :-)

8. Zoltán

Jun 28, 07:47 AM

@Thame: Thanx, it’s my fault :) I will find a way to make it clear.

@Peter: yes, right after my answer I clicked on the link :)

9. Natalie Jost

Jun 28, 10:57 AM

“Simon” said the same about me stealing, so it’s clear whoever that is is just being lame for the sake of it (or he’s really that dense). I think this is a nice template. I didn’t notice the drop down either but now that I know it’s there, I think the tab is enough. It doesn’t seem to be primary information up there anyway, so let it be a treat people can find. ;)

10. Zoltán

Jun 28, 08:03 PM

Thanks, Natalie, that was my idea originally ;)

11. Heath

Aug 15, 03:21 PM

I’m sort of new to Text pattern and love the template, but am not figuring out what is wrong with the comments? They are not working right, I just get the whole (original template)page unformatted really…

Sorry because I know this is probably very simple

12. Zoltán

Aug 21, 02:33 AM

Heath, I don’t know what the problem could be – comments should work just fine with the default TXP settings, as I haven’t changed anything regarding this. Could you show me an example of this problem?