• Iconfactory
    The Iconfactory

The Iconfactory makes Frenzic, a fast-paced, addictive game that makes Tetris look like child’s play

Corner Store

Corner Store - Template Screenshot

Tom MacWright’s submission is the first non-blog template of the competition.

Great job.

One bug, though. The footer and list style’s don’t line up in Internet Explorer 6 (which I have to use for business purposes). The footer is too far right and the list bullet’s appear outside the content box.

Let me know if you need a screenshot or i can help. I love the use of color and the menu system is cool. Excellent job.

2. tom

Sure, if you have a screenshot I’d be interested. I tried testing it on IE6, but it might’ve been rendering as IE7.

3. tom

ah. the problem with the list style is solved. download here

Let me know where to send it and it’ll be on it’s way.

5. tom

Hi Ryan – http://www.workingidea.com/about/contact

I have updated the main ZIP file with the one that you linked to in the comment.

In the future, please e-mail me any modifications/upgrades so that we can have an organized and up-to-date location for all the templates.

7. stdmedia

Very clean and simple. I do like it. Nice work!

May I ask, what is the star rater?

9. John Rynne

Hi,

I love the clean look. However, I would be grateful for some documentation (this goes for most, if not all, TXP templates).

As far as I can see, the buttons are generated from titles of articles in the About section.

Other sections (if any) don’t appear.

This also means that you can only have 4 or 5 such articles, and their titles have to be short (otherwise you run out of space).

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Isn’t this very limiting? (Or maybe I just don’t get it??)

John

10. tom

alright,

@angelo – the star rater is tcm_rating which was originally in this template but it gradually stopped serving a purpose in this particular template.

@john – yes, the number of pages is limited by menu space. It’s not meant for huge websites – really the main consideration is fitting the needs of the many businesses and groups – stores, restaurants, clubs, etc. first, which hasn’t really been the focus of any other template. The limitation is a side-effect of increased focus.

That being said, there is another thing –

to add, say, a news section or section for something else chronological or series-based, one could just add another list item to the menu to link to that section.

I’ll try to get improved docs up within a couple of days, but I really am pretty overloaded with work lately.

11. Maarten

Really nice and distinguishing from the others.

12. Garrett

Mar 10, 09:52 AM

Hey,

This is a beautiful template. I’m having difficulties with the random image chooser, though. It favors one image over the others heavily (probably choosing one picture out of a possible five 95% of the time). Any ideas what might be causing that?

13. rc

Mar 12, 10:16 AM

I really like the site, but I seem to have problems

creating menu items, I have created new sections,

I add more articles and a new menu item is.

If I add the item manually as you have written in INSTALL.txt I get several menu items repeated.

I guess I am too new to the txp

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I would like to browse on the sections/menu items and see different articles, at least one on each section.

best